Sunday, March 22, 2015

Interior Design by CW >me

I have done interiors from Singapore and New Zealand to NYC and all points inbetween> Hawaii>Oahu and the Big Island ,Northern and Southern California ,Georgia, Tenn and soon Florida >www.eurasiandesigns.com
The clients were interesting to say the least most of them either Jewish or Asian which have some oedge enough to make it interesting... I started out selling firnature at Dialogica @VonDemme on Union Street in San Francisco ..this has turned out to be my God Given passion even tho I always thought as I designed clothes for Addictions on Sunset in Ca.   I started selecting fabrics for the sofas that where purchased by Amy Tan from the Joy Luck Club...Our Firnature was like Romantic Art Deco....I Fell in Love and my Art Degree came into Play...when something is your passion you would do it for Free and enjoy every moment...To get paid the high end prices of a top Interior Designer is just a Pure Blessing   I learn to pick colors can decorate from the area rugs out or from the walls in...the muted tones are the best anything mixed with Grey...Grey Green, Grey Blue, Grey Lavender, Grey Brown even...if you have great artwork try to get all the same frames for symmerty, also smaller pieces of framed artwork done in odd numbers 3, 5...    Too much of leopard ,tiger ,red or burgandy can make you room or house look like a bordelo...and if everything matches it looks like an ameteur did it>you need some POP...something to give a focal point or something that pops off the walls something opposite of everything else...Dark colors make the room look expensive and too much dark is not good but you need some dark firnature if the walls are light or light firnature if the walls are dark just to give some Pop.  In Asia or Miami the white on white and glass makes the rooms float and it feels like chicken scratches on a chalkboard...My favorite designers are Victoria Hagen and Micheal Smith who are experts are balance and style..I also love metallic walls with bands of color and gold,silver and copper leaf a lost art that I am trying to revive per my Feng Shui which means in Chinese Wind and Water >Balance is great and a few pops to make things 3 dimensional are great.
Also Plants real or fake with gorgeous pots are great accents.  I adore Crystal Chandliers in the right proportion to the room and ceiling...also most men pick the largest faucets and shower heads my ex acutally had 12 shower heads in the shower because he liked the video and all his faucetts were too ..large for the sinks LOL...Men and their need for Large is very interesting everything in Proportion Please.  I have fixed many a trendy designer's mistakes and the style of the house usually dictates what decor should be there...You can mix some styles but if you mix too much it just chops up the rooms into little slices..You want one room to flow to the next...and get your designer to give you all her discounts if you can because its going to cost you alot if she charges the hourly rate plus ++
This is my Decor Style and I am sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment